Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Strongbad Birthday Cake


Becca made this cake for our friend Jeff's birthday. It is a French recipe from our French friend Marie-Laure. Would that make it a freedom cake? There is basically nothing but eggs and chocolate in the cake. Preferably Scharffenberger chocolate.

It fell to me to decorate the cake. I decided to do a monochrome rendering of Strongbad in powdered sugar. I made two templates for the cake. I placed the first one over the cake and did the lightly powdered areas with a flour sifter. Then I placed the other template over the cake (being careful not to disturb the first layer of sugar) and did a heavier coating. It turned out pretty well.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I'm so glad you decided to post this one! Now if you can just add pictures of your templates, we can print them out and use them for Enrichment. Perhaps we'll have a Homestarrunner.com theme night, along with Marzipan cupcakes and StrongSad Mexican Wedding cakes, no?