Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My bikes

In October of 2005, I started riding my bike to work every day. My commute is about 5 miles each way. I rode all through the winter, only driving periodically when I needed a car for after work. I even rode my mountain bike through a few blizzards. I am going to catalog my bikes here.

As you will see, I collect bikes the way some lonely old ladies collect cats. Fortunately for me, bikes don't urinate, shed, poop in the sandbox, or cause the your house to be condemned. The problem (for me as well as for old cat ladies) is that I just can't bring myself to get rid of any of my bikes. They may be ugly, but there is something special about each one. Each one is the result of a little mechanically creative eureka moment, and I don't think I could find an adoptive home for any of the bikes that would appreciate it as much as I do...

No comments: