Sunday, April 27, 2008

Wrapped up in you (WARNING, GROSS!!)

My favorite vacuum cleaner in the world is the one I own. It is a Windsor Sensor that I bought used on eBay. I first noticed Windsor vacuums while helping clean up at my church. The church owned a Windsor vacuum that worked extremely well. I was curious about it and I looked on the bottom to see if I could learn anything about it. Lo and behold it was made in Germany! That was enough to get me looking for one on the Internet. New ones are around $500, but a place in Florida sells used ones that have been retired from hotel use. Anyway, that's a long intro to a short punchline. I noticed that the roller warning light was coming on more frequently, so I turned it over to check the roller. This is what I found:


It looked as though all of the women in my home had somehow gotten caught in the roller. It took a disgusting but very satisfying five minutes to cut the wig off of the roller with scissors. The mat of hair was at least 1/4 inch thick.

No comments: