Sunday, April 27, 2008

Best Commuter Bike Ever Project, Part 4

In the previous installment on this topic, I mentioned a Merlin titanium frame. The transfer of components happened, and I am extremely pleased with the outcome. I defy anyone to present me with a cooler all-around bike than this. For a while the bike was mounted with Ritchey Tom Slicks as skinny as road bike tires. The bike feels incredibly light and fast with them. Then I mounted big MTB knobbies for the snow, and it felt great. I am fairly certain that I could do some serious mountain biking on this with those tires. Then this weekend I mounted some wide slicks in preparation for going to Bar Harbor, Maine in a few weeks. This bike is a great trailer puller, too.




1 comment:

Rebecca said...

who's that hot guy in the top picture?